[oi-dev] Wiki comments

Nikola M minikola at gmail.com
Fri Mar 31 04:50:38 UTC 2017

On 03/30/17 08:54 PM, Adam Števko wrote:
> Hello Nikola,
>
>> On 30 Mar 2017, at 17:29, Nikola M <minikola at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Obviously, since I mentioned it, someone has the time...
>> So it is not true that "nobody has the time", since I am here.
> As much as I dislike to speak about this publicly, but I don't think there is any other option.
>
> The fact that wiki was mess was known for a long time. We have asked you multiple time in the past if you would be interested in reorganizing wiki. Apart from saying "good idea", you never did anything in this regard.

This simply is not the truth, I am actively doing it , maybe your
perception requires very large changes in a short period of time?
You should not stop people communicating in topic and hijack threads,
there are other ways for talking directly to people then to going off-topic.

> After Aurelien was tired of listening to complaints about the current state of Wiki and realized that with outdated content and comments, people won't give a chance to OI, because they can't find a up to date content, he picked up this job with other contributions (updating xorg/scientific stack, doing tweeting and increasing activity on social media by 1000% and still having time to hack on virtualbox/qt).

Actually, changing wiki layout, colors and seeing many wiki changes got
my attention and I spent good part of the day day before yesterday doing
changes that followed he's.
I am planning today to do more work and I am actively wasting time
responding to this personal mail of yours.

> And what did he receive? Reverting of his work by you,

This is simply not true, because "reverting work" is just on one
occasion and it is sometimes on micro-level needed to make progress.
It is the normal thing to micro-revert something sometimes during editing,
so that changes are more visible, anyone editing any wiki know that, and
this notion of yours have no substance.
Anyway, it's not your part of the work for Openindiana to micro
manage-every single change and comment with things you don't get the
whole picture about.

> your constant whining and worthless talking

This is personal attack without reason and
advocacy, support, testing, bug reporting, ideas exchange, editing,
consulting and everyday presence to be able to help in any way I can is
not worth that kind of insulting from you.

For normal people, communicating and exchanging ideas is the only way of
achieving things in a good way.
On the other hand I am still not understanding why you insist to stop
people from communicating.
You repeatedly requests for stopping human communication and discussion,
resulting in very low number of people coming into Openindiana
development and contribution for years.

> how it should be done, yet when you had opportunity to change the state of thing you did nothing, exactly nothing!
This is not the true, I am doing what I can,
may be you don't appreciate what I am doing and that is your problem.
I don't want to summarize and weight what who did do , simply people do
if they are INSPIRED and led doing anything and maybe reflecting that
back to not inspiring with constant personal attacks instead of talking
about SUBJECT of this thread that is Wiki comments.

> What's more, you behave like a spoiled child

Again, personal bashing with no reason and out of topic.

> and a complete energy sucker, which demovative other. Tell me exactlt one good reason, why we as a community should tolerate your behaviour?

Because in the community process you are not the one "god given" to
"tolerate" from some high ground.
You are asked to cooperate and bring out the best in people,
to support and not bash, to enlarge abilities and not put under
magnifying glass every personal detail about people.
To share more positivity.
To more talk about

> What did you achieve? Aurelien unsubscribed?

That have nothing to do with me. Really. People choose many different
ways to contribute as they see fit.
Simply communicating on some matter have nothing to do with personal
choosing where to be subscribed.

> Are you happy now? I hope you are! What's the point of your activity? You are not helping the community, the project, developers and yourself.

I must withstand your critics, even I understand they are actually not
on-topic and represent personal attack. You made your point of
criticizing me personally
and only what I can do is to try to be better in all areas you tend to
criticize me.

I understand you require much more work and I acknowledge that and will
do my best to do better in the future in terms of activity that you can
measure more.

Just bare in mind that you can not measure all things person is doing and
that you should NOT put yourself in position to measure other people
doing 'just because'.
People should be equal and have ability to do things according to their
abilities
and qute frankly, speaking strictly off-topic and on personal grounds
(that seems you do very often) is not motivational factor.

> I wish we wouldn't need to deal with the same thing all over again. Please, consider doing some self-reflection.

I will. Sure, if any of it was well intended (and it didn't sound like
that from the tone),
then I will surely have it in mind and try to do my best.

On the other hand,
you should not use public mailing list threads for other then staying
IN-TOPIC and avoid personal remarks at all costs, so they not to be
confused with Trolling. (that with all good will I hope this is not).