[oi-dev] GCC 7.1 buid zone status

Aurélien Larcher aurelien.larcher at gmail.com
Wed May 10 07:28:43 UTC 2017

Hi,
I checked how the build script was doing yesterday, installed all the packages and re-run overnight.
This morning I cleaned up a few components and rebased.
We are down to 120 components left to fix, out of 1354 listed.

The current status is here:

https://github.com/OpenIndiana/oi-userland/pull/3014

Whenever you work on a component, please check the list and pick the modifications I made for gcc-7 or the dependencies I added.

For instance there are a few patches for percona-server and some bumps.

I do not care about preserving my commits, just cherry-pick what you need.

If you have some time to dedicate, you can pick a few dependencies fixes, double-check them and pull request.

The faster we finish this, the sooner we get to having a shadow build with gcc-7.

I have an interest in getting this compiler set up for my research so I will focus on boost and scientific libraries now.

GCC 7.1 was only released very recently so we are in a good shape, let's rock! :)

Aurélien

--
Thanks for sailing Jolla :)