[oi-dev] Glade

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Tue May 16 16:09:28 UTC 2017

On 05/16/17 08:47 AM, Alexander Pyhalov wrote:
> On 05/16/17 05:54 PM, Dariusz Sendkowski wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> It seems that Glade can be bumped to 3.19 (already checked), which is the
>> highest version that does not require bumping GTK+.
>>
>> I see that current Glade is built only for 32 arch. Should the new version
>> be also built only for 32, both 32 and 64 or maybe only 64?
>
> Hi.
> There are a lot of components, dependent on libglade, so it should be preserver
> for both bits. Also check that our glade generates gtk2 interfaces and should
> continue doing so until gtk3 is not default gtk version.

Be careful to distinguish between libglade, which loads Glade version 2 files &
has been deprecated upstream for over a decade, and the Glade 3.x application
which generates GtkBuilder files, read by the GtkBuilder API's in libgtk 2.12
and later:

https://developer.gnome.org/gtk2/stable/gtk-migrating-GtkBuilder.html
https://www.simple-is-better.org/gtk/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glade_Interface_Designer

(Things I all had to learn when figuring out how to deal with this on our side,
  in which I recently removed libglade altogether as it's not needed in GNOME 3.)

	-alan-