[oi-dev] Update Rampage

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Mon May 29 00:05:35 UTC 2017

On 05/28/17 02:21 PM, Aurélien Larcher wrote:
> Hello,
> since I like this page at Repology:
>
> https://repology.org/metapackages/outdated-in-repo/openindiana/
>
> and cannot get my eyes off of:
>
> https://repology.org/repository/openindiana
>
> I decided to update a bunch of multimedia and x11 packages today.
> Every version update was tested on my workstation before being pushed but if you
> have any problem, please do not hesitate to ping me.

That's a neat site.  Several of us at work have been using a similar site,
	https://release-monitoring.org/
but it just tracks the upstream releases, and leaves it to the user to generate
their own reports about how out of date they are.  You may have noticed this in
the Makefiles in the solaris-userland gate - they have lines such as:
components/nethack/Makefile: COMPONENT_ANITYA_ID=        8309
which you can lookup the latest release of at
	https://release-monitoring.org/project/8309/

	-alan-