[oi-dev] GCC6 build zone status

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Tue Nov 14 12:24:17 UTC 2017

On November 13, 2017 10:42:07 PM GMT+01:00, "Aurélien Larcher" <aurelien.larcher at gmail.com> wrote:
>On Mon, Nov 13, 2017 at 10:37 PM, ken mays <maybird1776 at yahoo.com>
>wrote:
>

>> Are we not phasing out....
>>
>> COMPONENT_DIRS += desktop/gnome2/gnome-connection-manager
>> COMPONENT_DIRS += desktop/gnome2/gnome-media
>> COMPONENT_DIRS += desktop/gnome2/hamster-applet
>> COMPONENT_DIRS += desktop/gnome2/seahorse-plugins
>>

>If somebody volunteers to deprecate stuff, I'll be glad, less work :)
>

>> On Monday, November 13, 2017, 10:06:33 AM PST, Aurélien Larcher <
>> aurelien.larcher at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> Hi,
>> for your information, the list of components left to publish with GCC
>> 6.4.0:
>>
>> COMPONENT_DIRS += database/geoip-database
>> COMPONENT_DIRS += desktop/gnome2/gnome-connection-manager
>> COMPONENT_DIRS += desktop/gnome2/gnome-media
>> COMPONENT_DIRS += desktop/gnome2/hamster-applet
>> COMPONENT_DIRS += desktop/gnome2/seahorse-plugins
>> COMPONENT_DIRS += desktop/hexchat
>> COMPONENT_DIRS += desktop/xscreensaver
>> COMPONENT_DIRS += library/libpeas
>> COMPONENT_DIRS += library/trousers
>> COMPONENT_DIRS += library/vte
>> COMPONENT_DIRS += network/asterisk
>> COMPONENT_DIRS += network/openssh
>> COMPONENT_DIRS += network/rtorrent
>> COMPONENT_DIRS += perl/DBI-MySQL
>> COMPONENT_DIRS += perl/DBI-PostgreSQL
>> COMPONENT_DIRS += print/hal-cups-utils
>> COMPONENT_DIRS += python/pylint
>> COMPONENT_DIRS += runtime/clisp
>> COMPONENT_DIRS += runtime/jruby
>> COMPONENT_DIRS += runtime/ocaml
>> COMPONENT_DIRS += runtime/openjdk-8
>> COMPONENT_DIRS += sysutils/clamav
>> COMPONENT_DIRS += sysutils/freeipmi
>> COMPONENT_DIRS += sysutils/ngrep
>> COMPONENT_DIRS += sysutils/nut
>> COMPONENT_DIRS += sysutils/open-vm-tools
>> COMPONENT_DIRS += text/hunspell-cs
>> COMPONENT_DIRS += text/hunspell-es
>> COMPONENT_DIRS += text/hunspell-fr
>> COMPONENT_DIRS += text/hunspell-pl
>> COMPONENT_DIRS += text/hunspell-sv
>> COMPONENT_DIRS += web/tomcat-8
>> COMPONENT_DIRS += x11/tigervnc
>>
>> and some comments updated on the Wiki at
>https://wiki.openindiana.org/
>> oi/GCC+6.
>> As oi-userland contains almost 1400 components, we are definitely
>closer
>> to the end than the beginning.
>>
>> If you have some time to look at one of these components, your help
>will
>> be much appreciated :)
>>
>> Kind regards
>>
>> Aurelien
>>

>> --
>> ---
>> Praise the Caffeine embeddings

As posted on IRC: note that "gnome-connection-manager" is a bit of misnomer, being a python script and not a GNOME team project.

For those that don't use it - this is a multi-tabbed xterm/ssh client with split-view, cluster-management and saved session (and session logging) support, similar to SecureCRT or MTPuTTY interfaces on Windows.

Indispensable in my work, and probably wouldn't miss GNOME2 if that's gone, either.

Jim
--
Typos courtesy of K-9 Mail on my Android