[oi-dev] Automated test suite for OpenIndiana

Michal Nowak mnowak at startmail.com
Sat Nov 25 20:02:55 UTC 2017

We discussed the topics with Adam over IRC so just a short summary:

Ad (1): It should be doable, first I need to understand how Vagrant does
stuff, will have a look at oi-packer.

Ad (2):

The dashboard, scheduler, and DB parts of openQA can run in a VM
instance (and they do now), however worker (the part where the
system-under-test aka VM actually runs) needs hypervizor to spawn VMs.

My laptop is the current KVM, VirtualBox, and Xen host. First two
hypervizors can be switched on-the-fly, Xen environment is accessible
only via reboot.

For jobs which require KVM the hypervizor host is openQA worker as well.
For jobs which require VirtualBox or Xen hypervizor, the openQA worker
and the hypervizor host may be different systems which can talk to one
another via HTTP and SSH, but for HW reasons they are united in the
current setup.

openQA has a good CLI which leverages REST-like API: e.g.
https://openqa.oi.mnowak.cz/xyz.

Michal