[oi-dev] IPS packages

Andreas Wacknitz A.Wacknitz at gmx.de
Tue Nov 28 19:08:56 UTC 2017

Am 28.11.17 um 19:47 schrieb G B via oi-dev:
> I'd like to build 3 packages for OpenIndiana.  NetRexx, Scheme 48, and
> Scheme Shell.  I've never created an IPS package for
> OpenSolaris/OpenIndiana/Solaris before so I'd appreciate some advice.
>
> In an RPM Spec file you can add a "Requires:" so that in the case of
> NetRexx, which needs Java, one could specify "Requires: openjdk8" and
> it would install it.  For Scheme Shell (scsh) it requires Scheme 48.
>
> Thanks for any help that can be provided.

Depending of the actual needs of your NetRexx package its .p5m file
needs a depend line, e.g.
  depend frmi=runtime/java/openjdk8 type=require
or
  depend frmi=developer/java/openjdk8 type=require

Similarly you would model scsh's .p5m file (replace
"runtime/java/openjdk8" with whatever your Scheme 48 FMRI will be).

Regards
Andreas