[oi-dev] ibus-setup autostart management

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Thu Oct 26 18:20:39 UTC 2017

Hi.

Today imf-selector is used to choose default input method. I've ported
it to Python gobject/gtk3 in
https://github.com/OpenIndiana/oi-userland/pull/3612 .
ibus-setup utility once upon a time had an ability to manage ibus
autostart. It was broken and now is disabled. I've created the following
patch -
https://github.com/OpenIndiana/oi-userland/pull/3613/commits/e40411787674f7b9d00555d62c8dc643112aa1be
to resurrect it. It generally works, but GUI interface is ugly. And it
still relies on startup script from imf-selector. In theory, we could
move this script to ibus, fix GTK builder ui file and this would allow
us to drop imf-selector (as it's from now-closed input-method gate, and
we'll likely have no updates from upstream, it has some advantages). The
question is if it worth the effort, or we can just drop iiim, but
continue shipping imf-selector.
--
Best regards,
Alexander Pyhalov,