[oi-dev] The ATI video driver for OI

Мартин Бохниг opensxce at mail.ru
Sun Sep 17 09:51:21 UTC 2017

Hi Aurélien,

how often shall I explain and repeat it to you?
Here again: https://openindiana.org/pipermail/oi-dev/2017-September/005650.html

>Воскресенье, 17 сентября 2017, 0:45 +02:00 от Aurélien Larcher <aurelien.larcher at gmail.com>:
>Unfortunately newer versions require KMS support which requires actual kernel work at:
>
>https://github.com/illumos/gfx-drm

There my STOLEN and further improved work is located.
Unfortunately without my CDDL license headers!

This is a LICENSE BREACH and may be prosecuted at some moment when I have less work and enough time.

>but also in illumos-gate itself.
>
>Ideally if someone decided to work on it the code would reside under the radeon directory here:
>
>https://github.com/illumos/gfx-drm/tree/master/usr/src/uts/intel

That's a good one.
It is as if I tell my wife: Yeahh, I found a solution!!!! I made some room for one Billion USD in the basement.
Now we are finally ready to receive it, just in case anybody decides to sendf us 1 Billion USD.

I recommend you to read my messages.
Start with those from yesterday.

>There was a KMS radeon driver in Solaris but I am not sure if it is still maintained and it certainly supported only the ATI cards provided with Sun HW.

Wrong guess.
KMS didn't exist at that time.
It was a DRM radeon driver mathing the first drm submodule that was in OpenSolaris - from the stone age.

Because it dates back to 2006/2007 when it was ported over by the Sun Beijing team.
I myself ported that to SPARC in 2007.
So I - on contrast to most others - do know the code.

Hopeless to explain it to you. I did already, 200 times  ...

Kind regards,
%martin bochnig

>Kind regards
>
>Aurelien
>>

>>--
>>-Gary Mills-            -refurb-                -Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada-

>--
>---
>Praise the Caffeine embeddings

Мартин Бохниг