[oi-dev] The ATI video driver for OI

Мартин Бохниг opensxce at mail.ru
Fri Sep 15 19:05:56 UTC 2017

Wow, that was a good one *lol*
First you need ATI-KMS to get the modern KMS-only ddx working.
While FreeBSD uses a very special method trick to get it working, don't expect *me* to ever in my life waste my time for OI and then someone steals it and distributes it under his name and gets the credits.

People asking such basic questions - that made my day.

>Пятница, 15 сентября 2017, 20:56 +02:00 от Gary Mills <gary_mills at fastmail.fm>:
>
>What is required to integrate the ATI video driver with OI?
>
>I notice that the ATI video driver is present in Freebsd.  It comes
>from X.org, and supports a long list of AMD/ATI/Radeon GPUs.  The
>Freebsd package is called `xf86-video-ati'.  It provides two shared
>libraries, ati_drv.so and radeon_drv.so, that are loaded by the X
>server.
>
>Could we do the same thing with the X server in OI?  What do we need
>to change?
>

>--
>-Gary Mills-		-refurb-		-Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada-

Мартин Бохниг