[oi-dev] No gdm or lightdm after update?

Gordon Ross gordon.w.ross at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 15:40:57 UTC 2018

I recently updated the little laptop I used for drm testing, and after
the update there's no logon screen.  The gdm manifest is gone, so I
guess it was supposed to switch to lightdm or something?  I tried to
enable lightdm, and got the below in the svc log.  Ideas?

Thanks!

** (lightdm:1092): WARNING **: Failed to get list of logind seats:
GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name
org.freedesktop.login1 was not provided by any .service files
[ Apr. 17 09:28:32 Stopping because all processes in service exited. ]