[oi-dev] Upgrade trashes boot loader?

Gordon Ross gordon.w.ross at gmail.com
Sat Apr 7 13:12:32 UTC 2018

I was able to get into the machine and discovered that the serial
console configuration in grub had been commented out, so I simply
couldn't see the boot environment options grub was presenting. That
was apparently an accident of "too many cooks" administering that
system.

With a working console again, I was able to see that, as Bill
suggested, the real problem with my new BE was a missing boot archive.
I was able to create one by copying /platform/i86pc/kernel/unix from
an older BE into the new one and then re-running bootadm
update-archive -R ...

Thanks for the help.