[oi-dev] How to kill old sfe package meta-data?

Volker A. Brandt vab at bb-c.de
Fri Aug 31 06:28:18 UTC 2018

Hi Gordon!

> tried pkg update too:
> # pkg -R /mnt update library/mpc
> No updates available for this image.
>
> On Thu, Aug 30, 2018 at 5:43 PM Till Wegmüller <toasterson at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>     Hrmm ips does aparently not keep any Manifests locally. Which is not
>     nice. One would assume that IPS would keep more data in it's sate
>     database. Considering it always tries to ensure the system is in a
>     specific state.
>
>     I think there might be a way IPS could continue working even if the
>     remote deletes manifests.
>
>     try pkg update first before installing or uninstalling anything
>
>     lets see if the makers of IPS had the same Idea i just had.
>
>     On 8/30/18 11:23 PM, Gordon Ross wrote:
>     > root at vm530gwr# pkg -R /mnt publisher
>     > PUBLISHER                   TYPE     STATUS P LOCATION
>     > userland                    origin   online F
>     > file:///tank/ws/oi-userland/i386/repo/
>     > openindiana.org <http://openindiana.org> (non-sticky) origin   online F
>     > http://pkg.openindiana.org/hipster/
>     > sfe            (disabled)   origin   online F
>     > http://sfe.opencsw.org/localhostoih/
>     > root at vm530gwr# pkg -R /mnt uninstall library/mpc
>     >
>     > Errors were encountered while attempting to retrieve package or file
>     > data for
>     > the requested operation.
>     > Details follow:
>     >
>     > http protocol error: Unknown error code: 404 reason: Not Found
>     sfe%2Flibrary%2Fmpc at 1.0%2C5.11-0.151.1.5%3A20120727T204712Z'
>     > (happened 4 times)

Have you considered editing the file /var/pkg/pkg5.image directly, and
removing the SFE authority completely?

Regards -- Volker
Volker A. Brandt        Consulting and Support for Solaris-based Systems
Am Wiesenpfad 6, 53340 Meckenheim, GERMANY            Email: vab at bb-c.de
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Bonn, HRB 10513              Schuhgröße: 46
Geschäftsführer: Rainer J.H. Brandt und Volker A. Brandt

"When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead"