[oi-dev] Build of gcc-7.3.0 stops with linker errors

ken mays maybird1776 at yahoo.com
Mon May 21 14:41:50 UTC 2018

 @Gary,
DilOS mentioned: "SPARC: illumos build still with gcc 4,x because have to work on transitions of Sun AS -> GNU AS for sparc sources."

I just wrote about a move to either GCC 6.x/7.x moving forward, then I remember this from DilOS....darn....
~K
    On Sunday, May 20, 2018, 7:23:47 PM PDT, Gary Mills <gary_mills at fastmail.fm> wrote:

 On Sat, May 19, 2018 at 09:10:26PM -0500, Norm Jacobs wrote:
>    It looks like
>    developer/gcc-7/patches/0008-sol2-enable-full-__cxa_atexit-support.patc
>    h may need work for SPARC, particularly in libgcc/config.host.  Without
>    looking too far into it, I would guess that changing the diffs for
>    libgcc/config.host in the patch to
[...]

I was suspicious of that patch too, but I didn't know where it fit
in in the build process.  I'm testing your suggested change now.

Unfortunately, the build stops at an earlier point, complaining
that AX_PTHREAD is not defined.  I'm investigating that problem.
I seem to need /usr/share/aclocal/ax_pthread.m4 on this system,
or perhaps the whole package that contains it.

--
-Gary Mills-        -refurb-        -Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada-