[oi-dev] GCC 8 build status

Aurélien Larcher aurelien.larcher at gmail.com
Sat May 26 12:36:20 UTC 2018

Aside from:

developer/clang-40
developer/gcc-5
developer/gcc-6
developer/gcc-7
runtime/sbcl

All the packages have been recompiled with gcc-8 and published to the
http://pkg.openindiana.org/gcc-6 repository.

I updated two machines for testing and two issues are present:
1) For some reason Firefox has a default User-Agent containing non-ASCII
characters that upset webservers. Overriding it with another string is
enough to work around the problem.
2) Similarly to tmux when linked to values-xpg(4|6).o, mate-terminal is
killed with CTRL^C instead of sending the signal.

I initially encountered some terminal resizing issue through ssh but cannot
reproduce them now after rebuilding and republishing another batch of
components.

--
---
Praise the Caffeine embeddings