[oi-dev] Build of gcc-7.3.0 stops with linker errors

Gary Mills gary_mills at fastmail.fm
Sat May 26 16:26:00 UTC 2018

On Sat, May 26, 2018 at 03:32:55PM +0300, Igor Kozhukhov wrote:

> we have tried to do some research for GNU AS replacement with
> illumos build on SPARC - but GNU binutils (GAS) should be updated a little.
> i have filed som bugs and they was resolved, but not at all.

Are you saying that gas for SPARC is not a general-purpose assembler,
that it's only designed to handle the output from the compiler?

Files written in assembler would be a problem then.

> we have used very old SUN AS doc - found by google.

Yes, I've found that.  It should be adequate.

> GNU AS for sparc documented in sources.

In the gas source, do you mean?

> but - not finished updates - still need additional work.
> i can try to found a branch on dilos-illumos with updates,
> but it is outdated and should be rebased to latest.
> I have no time right now for this work.

Even knowing the remaining bugs in gas would be useful