[oi-dev] Python Ctypes only working on certain machines

Till Wegmüller toasterson at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 21:31:01 UTC 2018

Hello Fellow Community

I am getting a weird behaviour from python ctypes recently. On some
machines I can find Libraries with the find_library() function on some I
can not. I narrowed it down to something that is in the dependency list
of build_essential. However I can not narrow it down to a Package. One
can test by using the following code in python console.

from ctypes.util import find_library
find_library("socket")

This should print 'libsocket.so.1' if it works.
Also saltstack needs to use FFI and this function. So if somebody uses
Saltstack the package must be in the list. Although not yet in the
package I made :)

Thanks for any pointers.
Till