[oi-dev] Mate Schema error ?

Udo Grabowski (IMK) udo.grabowski at kit.edu
Fri Nov 9 15:46:30 UTC 2018

On 09/11/2018 16:27, Aurélien Larcher wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 9, 2018 at 12:06 PM Udo Grabowski (IMK) <udo.grabowski at kit.edu
> <mailto:udo.grabowski at kit.edu>> wrote:
>
>     Hi, I noticed that the mouse right click menu is not available on
>     MATE.
>

> Hi!
> What you mean by "right click menu"?
> I have not seen any regression in my environments so I am not sure what you are
> referring to.

Right mouse button click on root background. Should open a little
context menu, but does not in the default configuration.

Mostly boils down to Caja not running at login (since it handles the
desktop icons and this context menu), but when setting it as active
startup application, it still doesn't read the correct switches which
are seemingly stored in .config/{caja,dconf}.

You always have to issue the dconf write command, and as soon as
caja dies that setting is lost (or not read at next startup).
And caja quits instead of going to the background when the little
close icon in the upper right window corner is hit.
So multiple problems combine here.

When logging into gnome instead, nautilus is automatically started
in the background, and doesn't simply quit when closing its window,
and it remembers the last configuration settings.

And this doesn't happen when converting as old Gnome2 user to mate,
something is set there from gnome that a fresh mate user doesn't get
by default.

--
Dr.Udo Grabowski   Inst.f.Meteorology & Climate Research IMK-ASF-SAT
http://www.imk-asf.kit.edu/english/sat.php