[oi-dev] Firefox 60esr

Aurélien Larcher aurelien.larcher at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 20:45:55 UTC 2018

On Fri, Nov 9, 2018 at 8:46 PM Michal Nowak <mnowak at startmail.com> wrote:

> Aurélien,
>
> does Firefox 60esr build from what's in your 'firefox60' branch?
>
> I pulled from your 'firefox60' branch but I am unable to build Firefox,
> it fails with: "NSModules are not ordered appropriately". More at:
> https://paste.ec/paste/u-QGkgcO#Jf182EbyHq3Zt5s8MU9VVNHp3daKhtM-+z1OSxDkIrN
>
> If I remove that check from firefox-60.3.0/toolkit/library/libxul.mk it
> fails with missing "Undefined symbol 'sendfile'":
> https://paste.ec/paste/Ov5E1DuC#s1uY-Msq9w7alg5xMgWPJLONv0kypS3yulQPjDxBh2b.
>
> When I fix it manually, it later hangs at:
>
> Executing
> /export/home/newman/ws/oi-userland/components/web/firefox/build/amd64/dist/bin/shlibsign
>
> -v -o ../../dist/firefox/libsoftokn3.chk -i
> ../../dist/firefox/libsoftokn3.so
> moduleSpec configdir='' certPrefix='' keyPrefix='' secmod=''
> flags=noCertDB, noModDB
>
> The process takes one whole core for an hour doing something. When I
> make SIGN_LIBS from firefox-60.3.0/toolkit/mozapps/installer/packager.py
> empty, it finally publishes, but the firefox process eventually dumps
> core (which is not that surprising for me reading your IRC posts :) ):

Yeah I did not push the patches for these issues as they are a bit
"piggy"...

> $ mdb core
> mdb: core file data for mapping at 22fbf7c39000 not saved: Bad address
> mdb: core file data for mapping at 22fbf7c59000 not saved: Bad address
> ld.so.1 ]
>  > ::status
> debugging core file of firefox (64-bit) from lenovo
> file: /usr/lib/amd64/firefox/firefox
> initial argv: /usr/bin/firefox
> threading model: native threads
> status: process terminated by SIGSEGV (Segmentation Fault), pid=2975
> uid=101 code=-1
>  > $C
> fffffd7fffdfe730 libc.so.1`_lwp_kill+0xa()
> fffffd7fffdfe760 libc.so.1`raise+0x20(b)
> 000000000000000b
> libxul.so`_ZN13nsProfileLock18FatalSignalHandlerEiP7siginfoPv+0xff()
>
> I am bit more surprised that Firefox 62 from Joyent's binary pkgsrc
> dumps for me as well:
> https://paste.ec/paste/xdeCYjGD#rSuQOzMOl+QmumtxpSLR1LU6WzblzSV7uroLrrua2eE

It seems that there is an issue with loading the profile (32bit vs 64bit?).
If you mv the directory it should start but it is still shaky.

Also pkgsrc does not use some Solaris specific code, instead patches code
used by BSDs...
Due to the inconsistency of ifdefs (SOLARIS, OS_SOLARIS) there is a mixed
bag of code used...

> Michal

---
Praise the Caffeine embeddings