[oi-dev] OI Hipster 2018.10 snapshot

Peter Tribble peter.tribble at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 15:28:22 UTC 2018

On Wed, Oct 31, 2018 at 3:15 PM Bob Friesenhahn <
bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us> wrote:

> On Wed, 31 Oct 2018, Volker A. Brandt wrote:
> >
> > John is absolutely right.  The numbers speak for themselves. :-)
>
> I see only relatively small compression gains so the content must be
> partially compressed already, or does not compress well.

If you look at the numbers, then the compressed sizes of the USB images are
essentially the same as the ISO images.

The reason is quite simple: the content is the same in both cases, and is
compressed
already. The USB image, however, has a reasonable amount of padding - and
the padding
compresses away almost completely.

--
-Peter Tribble