[oi-dev] Xvnc securitytypes=none and issue #10584

Tim Mooney Tim.Mooney at ndsu.edu
Tue Apr 9 21:13:48 UTC 2019

All-

I've been looking at some of the issues in the issue tracker that are
categorized as "bite-size", to see if I could help resolve some of the
easy ones.

In looking at

 	https://www.illumos.org/issues/10584

Which suggests we should drop the "securitytypes=none" from the commented
Xvnc line in our lightdm.conf, I see that one of our patches specifically
adds that, and also patches the source to include it.

I can provide a patch that alters the existing patch, but I don't
understand the reason for the change in the first place.

It looks like alp and Michal are the only two to have been involved with
that patch (lightdm/patches/17-customize-config.patch).

Can anyone comment on why securitytypes=none is being added?

Tim
Room 242-J6, Quentin Burdick Building                  701-231-8541 (Fax)