[oi-dev] pulseaudio issues

Udo Grabowski (IMK) udo.grabowski at kit.edu
Tue Apr 2 14:19:29 UTC 2019

On 02/04/2019 15:57, Gary Mills wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 02, 2019 at 10:54:25AM +0000, Alexander Pyhalov wrote:
>
>> If selection of device in mate-volume-control works for you, we can
>> just make it honor AUDIODEV is it set.
>
> It may already do that, although perhaps not correctly.
>
>> Your patches make pulseaudio use mod_solaris module, and it doesn't
>> provide interfaces necessary to select device in
>> mate-volume-control. So we either fix mod_solaris to support these
>> interfaces or fix our mod_oss patches to honor AUDIODEV.
>
> Yes, mod_solaris seemed most appropriate since illumos was derived
> from Solaris.  Mod_oss seems to be for the Linux version of OSS.

On OI_151a versions this has always been OSS and it worked - so
if pulse audio only delivers a "Linux version" of OSS this should
be fixed. Please don't fall back to ancient mod_solaris, that was
history already ten years ago...
--
Dr.Udo Grabowski   Inst.f.Meteorology & Climate Research IMK-ASF-SAT
http://www.imk-asf.kit.edu/english/sat.php