[oi-dev] How to create an ISO correctly?

Gary Mills gary_mills at fastmail.fm
Tue Aug 27 13:16:49 UTC 2019

On Mon, Aug 26, 2019 at 11:58:42PM +0200, Aurélien Larcher wrote:

>    If you look at:
>    [4]https://hipster.openindiana.org/distro_const/text_mode_x86-minimal.x
>    ml
>    pkg_repo_default_authority specifies the repository from which the
>    packages are pulled and thus the image created, while
>    post_install_repo_default_authority stands for the default publisher
>    configured on the ISO itself.

So, they can be different.  That makes it easy for me.

Is that the same as:

    /usr/share/distro_const/text_install/text_mode_x86_minimal.xml

which was installed when I installed the distribution-constructor
package?

What should be the publisher name?  I see that it's openindiana.org in
the /usr/share/distro_const/text*.xml files.

>    There are packages like this that can be published from metapackage/
>    components.
>    For regular Jenkins jobs `gmake -C components incorporation` is called
>    after publication of new packages to generate such meta-packages.

Thanks.  I'll look into that procedure.

>    At least on x86 both usb images and cd iso are created by distro_const.

I suppose I'll find out the first time I run it.