[oi-dev] Would OI be interested in Pale Moon?

Adam Števko adam.stevko at gmail.com
Wed Dec 11 07:39:12 UTC 2019

Hello Andrew,

thanks for all your efforts. Regarding packaging requirements and our standards not lining up, I would say don’t worry about all those requirements from their side.

The easiest way for you to get started would be to write a Makefiel that will build and install everything. The build system will help you generate p5m file. You might be required to change something in p5m file in multiple iterations, but people will comment/help with that.

The biggest problem with Pale Moon in OI I see is the complicated process of building it. You seem to have figured that out. The rest should be OK (packaging and shipping), but to set expectations straight we also expect that you will actively maintain the package.

Cheers,
Adam