[oi-dev] fmemopen not found for compiling samba-4.10.0

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Thu Mar 21 14:03:48 UTC 2019

On 3/21/19 2:29 AM, Joerg Schilling wrote:
> Till Wegmüller <toasterson at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> fmemopen Seems to be only from the newest iteration of the Posix
>> Standard. We do not support that yet.
>
> It is part of the standard since > 10 years. This standard is so old that we
> have been in risk of being kicked out of IEEE because there is no new major
> revision of the standard since 10 years.

And it took 10 years before any OS certified compliance to that new version
of the standard, with Solaris 11.4 being the only OS to ever do so.

Realistically, GNU libc defines the set of libc API's that software expects
today much more than POSIX does.

Yes: https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E88353_01/html/E37843/fmemopen-3c.html

	-Alan Coopersmith-               alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
	 Oracle Solaris Engineering - https://blogs.oracle.com/alanc