[oi-dev] OI SPARC ISO and repository available for download

Peter Tribble peter.tribble at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 09:22:48 UTC 2019

On Wed, Nov 13, 2019 at 1:38 AM Gary Mills <gary_mills at fastmail.fm> wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 12, 2019 at 07:44:35AM +0000, Peter Tribble wrote:
> >    On Mon, Nov 11, 2019 at 8:23 PM Olaf Bohlen <[1]olbohlen at eenfach.de>
> >    wrote:
> >
> >      A very first quick feedback:
> [...]
> >      It has issues with with mpt_sas on the CD-ROM:
> >
> >    That would be
> >    [5]https://www.illumos.org/issues/6481
> >    which, fortunately, was easy to fix.
>
> Yes, I saw your changes.
>
> >      --8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
> >      Boot device: disk  File and args:
> >      SunOS Release 5.11 Version illumos-07ba7ce06c 64-bit
> >      Copyright (c) 1983, 2010, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights
> >      reserved.
> >      /kernel/drv/sparcv9/mpt_sas: undefined symbol 'sata_split_model'
> >      WARNING: mod_load: cannot load module 'mpt_sas'
> >      WARNING: mpt_sas: unable to resolve dependency, module 'misc/sata'
> >      not found
> >      Hostname: openindiana
> >      --8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---
>
> What does the mpt_sas driver do, anyway?  I get this error message too,
> but I don't notice anything that doesn't work on my T2000.  My choices
> are to fix it or remove it.

It's the driver for newer LSI cards. Pretty common on intel, less so on
SPARC. The
fact it was broken for years and nobody complained indicates it's not that
heavily
used by people running illumos on SPARC. Apart from people installing an
add-on
card, I think the only place this is used that's likely to affect us is as
the main HBA
on the T3 and T4 systems. (And we only really support up to T3 anyway,
although T4
might mostly work.)

--
-Peter Tribble