[oi-dev] LD_LIBRARY_PATH and Runpath issues.

Jeremy Andrews athenian200 at outlook.com
Sat Oct 12 21:15:22 UTC 2019

I'm having a small problem with my port of Pale Moon to OI, and it's the
only issue I have yet to resolve. The only way I can get it to find its
libraries is via
LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/bin/gcc/7/lib/amd64:/export/home/athenian/UXP/obj-release/dist/bin"

I can get it to find the dist/bin libraries by hardcoding that path, but
ideally I'd want to use something like $ORIGIN so the program doesn't
have to rely on a hardcoded install path. I can't seem to get that flag
working. I just want the binary to search the directory it's currently
located in for libraries. I've tried -Wl,-R,\$$ORIGIN and
-Wl,-R,\$ORIGIN, and neither one seems to work. When I run elfdump, I
see that it keeps mangling the $ORIGIN flag in various ways... giving me
RIGIN with the O cut off, or a string of numbers before ORIGIN, etc.

And it is being exceptionally stubborn about GCC libraries. It simply
won't look for them in /usr/bin/gcc/7/lib/amd64 even if that path is
hardcoded in, requiring an LD_LIBRARY_PATH as an override. I'm using GCC
7 because the application apparently doesn't support GCC 6, and the
system seemingly just won't have it without an explicit override.