[oi-dev] pkg -- huge RSS

Till Wegmüller toasterson at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 21:40:56 UTC 2020

Well yes, that aswell. To be more precise we will at some point need a
way to make IPS more compatible with rolling-release. Everytime we do
spring cleaning people cannot install software until they do an upgrade.
So it's a way to fix one issue but cause another. IPS should be capable
of not needing spring cleaning this often. Rotating consolidations out
after a year or so is ok. preferably 2 years. But not 2 or 3 times every
snapshot.

-Till