[oi-dev] Binary-only packages

Gary Mills gary_mills at fastmail.fm
Sun Mar 29 18:29:03 UTC 2020

On Sun, Mar 29, 2020 at 02:12:24PM +0000, Alexander Pyhalov via oi-dev wrote:

> While preparing hipster.openindiana.org to gcc-7 full rebuild I've
> found the following packages, which were not provided by Aurelien's
> repo (these are mostly binary-only packages or packages which should
> be marked obsolete). Some of them likely could be imported to
> oi-userland (like fakeroot).

While preparing the first SPARC ISO and repository for OI, I found
three packages that were required by other OI packages, but were not
included in the OI source distribution.  These were:

    developer/macro/cpp
    system/library/c++/sunpro
    system/library/iconv/utf-8

The first two are mentioned in the list you provided.  All of them
were present on recent installations of OI.  The first is the Solaris
cpp command, installing into usr/ccs .  The second is the runtime
library for executables built with the Sunpro c++ compiler.  The last
is called ``Iconv modules for UTF-8 Locale'', installing into
usr/lib/iconv .  I decided to repackage them from the legacy
repository and republish them with the original package names.

If these are not required to build any of the current OI distribution,
you can certainly mark them obsolete.