[oi-dev] loader problems on upgrade

Carsten Grzemba grzemba at contac-dt.de
Fri May 29 13:09:50 UTC 2020

I upgraded my system on Supermicro X10SLM from quite older OI (2017) to current and faces some problems here.
Got a system panic on first boot an then on loader
- loader shows a lot of old BE's which not exist anymore for a long time in the rpool

- if I walk through the BE list I can't select a BE in the subsequent choices, it selects from the first choice, forunatly select with 'beadm' on loader CLI works!
- most most annoying   thing: can't see the serial console anymore if the system boots, on the old version it worked with ttyb

How can I get back my console for troubleshoot the OS booting problems?
--
Carsten Grzemba