[oi-dev] No more notification pop-up for printing

Gary Mills gary_mills at fastmail.fm
Mon Nov 9 16:33:34 UTC 2020

I recently updated OI on one of my machines from the 2018-07-01
version to the 2020-08-02 version.  After the update, I noticed that
the notification pop-up for printing was no longer working.

Mate's Notification Settings application does appear.  I have not
changed any of the settings.  The Preview button does work and does
produce a test pop-up.

Printing from firefox, mutt, or lpr works, but with no notification
pop-up.  Is there something that I need to enable in CUPS?  Maybe a
setting I need to change in the Notification Settings application?  Am
I perhaps missing a library?  How can I make notification work for
printing?