[oi-dev] Need help with integration

stes@PANDORA.BE stes at telenet.be
Wed Sep 16 07:24:14 UTC 2020

I recently added a package "squeak" (Smalltalk-80) and it uses "pulseaudio",
the pulse server for 'audio'.

The Smalltalk-80 audio seems to work fine by using the pulse server;
there are other (older) audio options but pulse seems the nicest to me, personally.

Regarding your question, I'm not sure whether the following helps:

http://docs.openindiana.org/dev/userland/

Although those are general remarks on setting up oi-userland and submitting changes.

See the "Contributing changes back to oi-userland" instructions,
specifically the notes on "rebase" (number of commits to be squashed)
and "Asking for change integration".

The instructions on 'git rebase' and so on were not totally 'obvious' to me,
so those notes helped, to me at least.

David Stes