[oi-dev] OI hipster text iso image

Andreas Wacknitz A.Wacknitz at gmx.de
Mon Apr 5 09:28:05 UTC 2021

Am 05.04.21 um 11:18 schrieb stes at PANDORA.BE:
> Hi,  are there updated iso images for OI hipster ?
>
> When using OI-hipster-text-20201031.iso
>
> OI-hipster-text-20201031.iso.sha256sum
> b4b40dbb2c69eef759e8e6fda5fa262d27ee4867a827c2d77de0f8d42c4f8a5e  OI-hipster-text-20201031.iso
>
> when I boot from that ISO it reports just before selecting keyboard layout
>
> OpenIndiana Hipster 2020.04 Version
>
> shouldn't that be 2020.10 instead of 2020.04 ?
>
> Is there perhaps a prerelease 2021.04 iso available ?
>
> Thanks,
> David Stes

Yes, the wrong date is a known issue. When I run distro-const to create
the images I wasn't aware of the freeze of the osnet-incorporation
package on the build server.
Only later I found out that I need to unfreeze it in order to update to
the latest illumos-gate bits with pkg update. Since then I update the
build server regularly after
I have checked that the latest illumos-gate boots my local servers ok.
The package freeze is necessary on the build server in order to protect
it from illumos-gate problems.
Otherwise the build server would be updated after each successful
jenkins run. It is doing that for most non illumos-gate packages, though.
I have created newer images on April 2nd, 2021 in order to check the new
NVIDIA drivers with the live media today. If there is enough interest I
could provide them on our
download server.

Regards,
Andreas