[oi-dev] Nvidia warning at reboot

Gary Mills gary_mills at fastmail.fm
Tue Apr 13 13:06:11 UTC 2021

Yesterday, I did an OI update on my development server to get /bin/ksh
in a separate package.  The update was successful as was the
subsequent reboot.  During the reboot, I got these console messages:

  /kernel/drv/amd64/nvidia_modeset: undefined symbol 'nvidia_get_rm_ops'
  WARNING: mod_load: cannot load module 'nvidia_modeset'
  WARNING: nvidia_modeset: unable to resolve dependency, module 'nvidia' not found

Are these warnings now normal?

The server does no have an nvidia video card.