[oi-dev] How to combine two source archives into one OI package?

Gary Mills gary_mills at fastmail.fm
Thu Dec 2 21:03:58 UTC 2021

I'm working on upgrading the pycairo package to the latest version,
but I've run into a conflict with the existing version.  Specifically,
the conflict is with usr/include/pycairo/py3cairo.h and
usr/lib/pkgconfig/py3cairo.pc, both of which are created by both
versions.  The existing version only supports python 3.5.  The latest
version supports only 3.7 and 3.9.  The latter are required by many
other packages.

I could solve the conflict by obsoleting the existing pycairo package.
Is this possible?  Do I need to retain it?

If I have to retain it, I'll need the Makefile to publish packages for
python 3.5, 3.7, and 3.9, using both the existing and latest versions
of the source.  How do I do that?  Is it even possible?  I haven't
seen any examples of doing that.