[oi-dev] Fatal error executing "make download" in oi-userland/cpmponents

Andreas Wacknitz a.wacknitz at gmx.de
Thu Dec 16 17:10:09 UTC 2021

Am 16.12.21 um 17:11 schrieb clark k weeks:
> Greetings,

Welcome to OpenIndiana!

> I am brand new to OpenIndiana (and solaris of any kind) so my
> nomenclature may not be completely correct. I will accept any help.
>
> Reading from https://github.com/OpenIndiana/oi-userland#readme: The
> very beginning is titled "Getting started with the Userland
> Consolidation”
> and if I'm reading it correctly it suggests to

The readme seems to be outdated. In fact I haven't noticed it yet.
Please follow our documentation at http://docs.openindiana.org/dev/userland/

> git clone https://github.com/OpenIndiana/oi-userland.git/scratch/clone
>
> I actually cloned it to /usr/src instead of /scratch/clone.  (I hope
> that was not an error.)

No, this wasn't the cause of the error. You just decided to name your
local clone to have a different name than the readme proposes.

> The next thing the README file suggests is to cd to the components
> directory in the clone, then run, “make download”. When I executed
> that command it trudged on for hours and ended with the following:
This is in my opinion a bad suggestion. It advises the system to
download all sources for all package definitions which probably will
talk a lot of time and space. Plus, it's not necessary at all because
when you run "gmake build" (or one of the other possible make targets)
it will do whatever is necessary to get there. So, in fact the first
step you should do after the initial cloning is to run "gmake setup" in
the main folder and probably also in components/encumbered.
To be successful you'll need to have sufficient rights and have
installed at least the "build-essential" package (pfexec pkg install -v
build-essential). It is also recommended to have your build system
up-to-date (pfexec pkg update -v) and if necessary rebooted after the
update.
It is necessary to reboot if a new boot environment has been created by
running pkg update.

I recommend to try to build existing packages before trying to update
any package sources or add new ones. You can enter a folder of an
interesting package, eg. by
     cd components/developer/git
     gmake build

This will automatically install missing packages needed for the build
and then download git's source packages and starts to build everything.
When this ends successfully you have a good starting point :)
"gmake publish" will create a package and puts it into your local
package repository (this is created by the aforementioned "gmake setup).
The oi-userland repository contains additional documentation in its doc
folder. You should start reading there, too.

>     Source /usr/share/src/oi-userland/archives/splix-315.tar.bz2...
>     validating signature... skipping (no signature URL)
>     validating hash... corruption detected
>     expected:
>     sha256:43f61ec33006a77b508c65765cf9295bc7d6258fbf3ef37ff3d23dc4e7df0375
>     actual:
>     sha256:ce5d148b7966c9844311d1c2ece2a8ef386e87778a8a2bedf2c2d8355cb9d08a
>     payload:
>     sha256:0eba76cd8d9af67992233da1ae1eda773a306d5578ad8b5e9e99f1b15dcecccd
>
>     WARN: Removing the corrupt downloaded file
>     Source SVN... not found, skipping file copy
>     Source
>     http://dlc.openindiana.org/oi-userland/source-archives/splix-315.tar.bz2...
>
>     downloading...
>     validating signature... skipping (no signature URL)
>     validating hash... corruption detected
>     expected:
>     sha256:43f61ec33006a77b508c65765cf9295bc7d6258fbf3ef37ff3d23dc4e7df0375
>     actual:
>     sha256:ce5d148b7966c9844311d1c2ece2a8ef386e87778a8a2bedf2c2d8355cb9d08a
>     payload:
>     sha256:0eba76cd8d9af67992233da1ae1eda773a306d5578ad8b5e9e99f1b15dcecccd

Downloading from dlc.openindiana.org is a bad sign. It's our last resort
if the original package source isn't available.
A sha256 mismatch is another problem and can have several reasons, one
of them the archive being hijacked. Typically this happens when the
package have been changed after we have calculated its checksum.
But splix is one of the very special source packages: it will be
dynamically built by downloading its contents from a subversion
repository. If your workstation is set up properly it should have
subversion installed and immediately starts downloading the sources by
means of svn.
In your case I expect that installing the build-essential package will
cure this problem.

>     WARN: Removing the corrupt downloaded file
>     /bin/bash: line 1: /usr/bin/svn: No such file or directory
>     gmake[1]: ***
>     [/usr/share/src/oi-userland/make-rules/prep-svn.mk:81:
>     /usr/share/src/oi-userland/archives/splix-315.tar.bz2] Error 127
>     gmake: *** [Makefile:183:
>     /usr/share/src/oi-userland/components/print/splix.nosetup] Error 2
>
> It occurred that the download of the file may not have completed
> properly, so, from the line, "Source
> http://dlc.openindiana.org/oi-userland/source-archives/splix-315.tar.bz2…”,
> I abstracted the full URL,
> "http://dlc.openindiana.org/oi-userland/source-archives/splix-315.tar.bz2”,
> cd’d to "/usr/share/src/oi-userland/archives” (which is where other
> downloads were being deposited). Cd’d back to
> /usr/src/oi-userland/components. and again executed “gmake downloads”
> which also ended with the same result as before.
>
> So, my question is, is the source file “splix-315.tar.bz2” actually
> corrupted? Is it not the file it should actually be? Or, did I do
> something wrong?
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thank you,

Regards,