[oi-dev] Some packages did not build anymore in userland

Tim Mooney Tim.Mooney at ndsu.edu
Wed Dec 22 21:12:54 UTC 2021

In regard to: [oi-dev] Some packages did not build anymore in userland,...:

> i build the whole oi-userland from time to time, but in the last time there
> are many packages they did not build anymore. I tried a fresh install and
> fresh sync of oi-userland but it is the same.
>

> For example glib stops with this message ...

I had the exact same problem when I was looking at building our current
glib.  Because of the holidays and other projects, I haven't had a chance
to get back to it, but you're not the only one seeing that problem.

> In file included from ../../glib-2.66.8/gio/gresource-tool.c:32:
> /usr/include/libelf.h:43:2: error: #error "large files are not supported by
> libelf"
>    43 | #error "large files are not supported by libelf"
>       |  ^~~~~
> [396/1081] Compiling C object gio/gio-querymodules.p/giomodule-priv.c.o
> ninja: build stopped: subcommand failed.
>
> Or another problem is that GCC-7 did not build the gobjc stuff.
>
> Do i have messed something up?

I haven't tried gcc so I can't comment on that issue, but the glib issue
isn't anything you're doing wrong.

I'm wondering if we've incorporated a new libelf from Illumos recently
and the glib issues are because of changes in that dependency?

Tim
Enterprise Computing & Infrastructure /
Division of Information Technology    /                701-231-1076 (Voice)