[oi-dev] elegant way to get leaf packages?

stes@PANDORA.BE stes at telenet.be
Sun Dec 26 13:58:01 UTC 2021

 I am not sure I understand your question.  Please clarify.

 However I can add that I once used "pkg exact-install"
for something that sounds a little bit like what you are asking.

 Perhaps this can be used in combination with -n -v dry run verbose.

 pkg install <somepackage> installs a package

 pkg exact-install <somepackage> installs a package but removes all "leaf packages" (?) that are not a dependency of the given package.

 Check the pkg manpage for exact-install.

 WARNING: always first make a backup BE before testing exact-install because it will remove packages that are not a dependency.

 I am using (sometimes) exact-install in an attempt to uninstall "recursively" although that's probably the wrong terminology.

Regards,
David Stes