[oi-dev] elegant way to get leaf packages?

Tim Mooney Tim.Mooney at ndsu.edu
Sun Dec 26 20:57:36 UTC 2021

In regard to: Re: [oi-dev] elegant way to get leaf packages?, Till...:

> You basically need to do what you are doing, but you can limit your search to
> local with -l parameter to pkg search. That would result in your local leaf
> packages. To get the full list for OI, the simplest way is to grep the
> Makefiles for 32bit builds. They are explicitly mentioned there. From what I
> remember it should only be library packages and big hitters like libreoffice.

Thanks Till!

Since my initial idea was to find all leaf nodes, it didn't occur to me to
start by first looking for leaf nodes only among my installed software.
There are a lot of OI packages I don't have installed on either my main
workstation or my build box, but your suggestion about searching locally
is still a good one.

Your suggestion to use oi-userland is also a good idea.  I think I'm going
to use that approach.

I had no real idea what percent of packages were now 64-bit only, so this
exercise is really just for me to get a clearer picture of what components
still ship 32 bit binaries.

Thanks again,

Tim
Enterprise Computing & Infrastructure /
Division of Information Technology    /                701-231-1076 (Voice)