[oi-dev] OpenSSL update process

Gary Mills gary_mills at fastmail.fm
Sun Feb 7 14:29:19 UTC 2021

On Sun, Feb 07, 2021 at 11:29:28AM +0100, Andreas Wacknitz wrote:

>      If /usr/include/openssl does not point anywhere probably the
>      mediator is
>      not set to a right version or openssl-11 is not installed:
>      narval> pkg mediator openssl
>      MEDIATOR            VER. SRC. VERSION IMPL. SRC. IMPLEMENTATION
>      openssl             local     1.1     local      openssl

Something is peculiar here.  I'm still using the previous version
of openssl:

    <mills at qtpie:1617>$ pkg list library/security/openssl
    NAME (PUBLISHER)                              VERSION                    IFO
    library/security/openssl                      1.0.2.21-2020.0.1.2        i--
    <mills at qtpie:1615>$ pkg mediator openssl
    MEDIATOR            VER. SRC. VERSION IMPL. SRC. IMPLEMENTATION
    openssl             vendor            vendor     default

Note that there is no version number.