[oi-dev] OpenSSL update process

Gary Mills gary_mills at fastmail.fm
Sun Feb 7 20:43:58 UTC 2021

On Sun, Feb 07, 2021 at 04:06:13PM +0100, Aurélien Larcher wrote:
>    The mediator was introduced with revision 3.

I assume you mean revision 2, which is the one I have:

    <mills at qtpie:1615>$ pkg mediator openssl
    MEDIATOR            VER. SRC. VERSION IMPL. SRC. IMPLEMENTATION
    openssl             vendor            vendor     default

In the next revision, the version has been added, of course.
However, both the version source and implementation source have
been changed to `local'.  I've never seen that before.  All the
rest are either `system' or `vendor'.  What does `local' do?