[oi-dev] Shipping the nano editor alongside with vi

Hung Nguyen Gia gh_origin at zohomail.com
Sat Jan 9 08:09:01 UTC 2021

This should be done for none desktop OI flavors: OI text and OI minimal.

It will help novice user like me very much. Please consider it, developers. I have trouble using the vi editor even though I have my mobile phone with me as a backup showing the vi tutorial. And I think many other novice users have the same trouble as me.

Doing as Fedora is a step too far: https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Fedora-33-Nano-Is-The-Default

I only asked for shipping nano alongside with vi. The link I put above just to note that nano has pretty much become the default editor on the Linux world and most of us come from Linux. It will be easier for us. Thanks.