[oi-dev] Porting of the Epiphany Browser

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Sat Jan 9 18:57:52 UTC 2021

On 1/9/21 12:15 AM, Hung Nguyen Gia via oi-dev wrote:
> In no way I'm a professional developer. I just pulled the source of it from github and tried to compile it by following the instructions.
>
> https://github.com/GNOME/epiphany
>
> Currently, I'm stuck at libdazzle. I will not compile under OI.
>
> https://github.com/GNOME/libdazzle
>
> Any helps would be appreciated. Thanks.

It's much easier to give help when you give the error message or other
clear problem description.  Just saying it doesn't compile is basically
asking for someone else to build it for you.

I can say that libdazzle builds on Solaris, but we apply this patch to
make it build:

https://github.com/oracle/solaris-userland/blob/master/components/gnome/libdazzle/patches/link.patch

	-alan-