[oi-dev] Porting of the Epiphany Browser

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Sat Jan 9 19:15:15 UTC 2021

On 1/9/21 11:03 AM, Vincent Torri wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 9, 2021 at 8:00 PM Alan Coopersmith
> <alan.coopersmith at oracle.com> wrote:
>> I can say that libdazzle builds on Solaris, but we apply this patch to
>> make it build:
>>
>> https://github.com/oracle/solaris-userland/blob/master/components/gnome/libdazzle/patches/link.patch
>
> why not doing a PR to fix upstream the compilation problem ?

I don't know why she didn't - we usually try to mention in our patch comments
if we're submitting upstream, and if not, why not.  (Sometimes it's because
we don't know how to fix it for us without breaking other platforms, sometimes
because it's a self-inflicted problem that no one else will hit, and sometimes
just because we haven't had time to do it yet.)

	-alan-