[oi-dev] Porting of the Epiphany Browser

Volker A. Brandt vab at bb-c.de
Mon Jan 11 10:09:49 UTC 2021

Hung Nguyen Gia via oi-dev writes:
> Maybe I just wasted my time your time, too, with this stupid GNOME sh8t.
[...]

I understand your frustration and anger.  Unfortunately, such is life in
a Linux-centric open source world, where most developers don't care much
about portability any more.

However, the OpenIndiana community is so small that we don't want you to
"silently go away."  Instead, with a little patience and cooperation it
is quite possible that you get the stuff you're interested in building
to actually work.  Packaging the results would be a separate step.

There are several sources of patches for FOSS apps available for illumos
and hence for OpenIndiana.  There are many people here and in the more
generic illumos mailing lists who have built things using meson.

So if you have a specific problem, you are welcome to describe it here,
including quoting the actual error message, and I am sure people will
have a look.

Regards -- Volker
Volker A. Brandt        Consulting and Support for Solaris-based Systems
Am Wiesenpfad 6, 53340 Meckenheim, GERMANY            Email: vab at bb-c.de
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Bonn, HRB 10513              Schuhgröße: 46
Geschäftsführer: Rainer J.H. Brandt und Volker A. Brandt

"When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead"