[oi-dev] Shipping the nano editor alongside with vi

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Tue Jan 12 00:59:28 UTC 2021

On January 11, 2021 9:28:09 PM UTC, "Klaus Ziegler - owner of sunfreeware.de" <klausz at haus-gisela.de> wrote:

>On 11.01.21 21:59, Bob Friesenhahn wrote:
>> It would be good if fresh systems would default to fewer quirky
>> wiz-bang features yet allow them to easily be enabled for a
>Linux-like
>> experience.
>>
>> Bob
>I<https://dict.leo.org/englisch-deutsch/absolutely> absolutely agree
>and
>vote for it :-)
>
>Much Regards
>Klaus Ziegler

Bob, FWIW I think you can generally copy-paste in terminals with mouse if you hold SHIFT while click-dragging to select the text.

This helps me on SSH sessions to my OmniOS box where vi is whizzier and quirkier than on my OpenIndiana daily workstation ;)

And as far as editor war is cindering, Midnight Commander and its editor, of course ;)

But yeah, vi being on all systems however small (and basic interface similar to that of command line and `less`), knowing a bit of way around it is just part of basic *nix literacy I guess.

Jim

--
Typos courtesy of K-9 Mail on my Android