[oi-dev] Tasks to focus on

stes@PANDORA.BE stes at telenet.be
Sun Jan 24 14:28:23 UTC 2021

Great news below on building TeX live.  Also please note that I don't question or doubt, that it can be built;

But it must be maintained, somebody has to look after the updates and so on.

If for OpenIndiana it would be possible to simply "pkg install tex" or "pkg install texlive" that would be nice.

Anyway as some "OpenIndiana task to focus on", adding TeX I'd appreciate that.

I haven't looked at other TeX distributions but perhaps some minimal approach like MikTeX could also be useful.

Regards, David Stes