[oi-dev] What to do with python module dependancies?

Gary Mills gary_mills at fastmail.fm
Sun Jul 18 13:58:28 UTC 2021

I'm working on a python package that imports many other python
modules.  So far I've discovered two python modules that don't have
corresponding packages in OI.  There should be dependancies on these
two packages, but the automatic mechanism seems not to add them.
How can I add them myself?  Do I do it directly in the P5M file?

The original package builds and installs with the setup.py method.
It doesn't check for dependancies at all.  I don't notice missing
dependancies until I test the module and get an error message when
an "import" fails.  I'd like to be able to build a package that does
not have this problem.