[oi-dev] warning - don't update OI

stes@PANDORA.BE stes at telenet.be
Sat Jul 24 09:00:54 UTC 2021

I was able to succesfully reboot my Dell Precision workstation last sunday July 18 after a "pkg update" into:

 userland-incorporation 2020.0.1.14260
 osnet-incorporation 2020.0.1.20600

which have a packaging date of saturday July 17 2021 so fairly recent BE (from last weekend).

It has a package gnu-binutils 2.36.1-2020.0.1.0 although I doubt at first sight that gnu-binutils has any relation to the early boot process, but I can be wrong (or maybe you are even talking about a different package?).

In general the system is very good, it is a setup with 2 monitors (one for the Intel graphics card which unfortunately does not work in X11) and one monitor for the Nvidia graphics card which works in X11 on OpenIndiana.

Happy debugging ... :-)  And thanks for the alert.

David Stes