[oi-dev] PR #184: Support for epub and pandoc version problems

James Madgwick james at madgwick.xyz
Sat Jun 5 09:36:58 UTC 2021

Apologies for replying to own own email, but I've found some more
information on the OpenSolaris doc-style.

On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 21:21:19 +0100
James Madgwick <james at madgwick.xyz> wrote:

> In general, I'm not sure about using Pandoc with LaTex to try and
> create PDFs in the OpenSolaris style. It might make more sense to use
> the original OpenSolaris documentation workflow, as described here:
> https://web.archive.org/web/20081222132331/http://opensolaris.org:80/os/community/documentation/doc_collab/tools/
> Unfortunately I couldn't find a copy of the OpenSolaris docs source:
> http://web.archive.org/web/20100907075618/http://dlc.sun.com/osol/docs/downloads/current/
> which would be useful to see exactly how the XML was structured and to
> get copies of the icons used. This file seems to be lost to time.

This is not lost, the tar.gz can be found unpacked here:
https://dlc.openindiana.org/docs/20090715/ Illumos had started
converting these docs into docbook 5 format:
https://github.com/illumos/illumos-docbooks

With the OpenSolaris source located, I might have a look into how Pandoc
can best produce a PDF in this style, ideally using LaTex and not
involving any legacy dookbook formats.

--
Regards,
James